October is my favorite month. Some may say I’m biased because it’s my birthday month (Oct. 16 for all of your calendars), but it’s also HALLOWEEN! So, all month we HAVE to celebrate all things creepy, spooky, and altogether ooky any which way we can! Hence, GHOULISH DRIPPY MONSTER NAILS!
This is a pretty simple manicure with only a couple of steps. I used purple and green because they remind me of monster boogers, but you can use whatever your heart desires. Perhaps a black or white base with red drips so it looks like BLOOD, or orange and black for a typical Halloween theme?
- One greenish nail color. Mine is Milani’s Green Glow.
- One purple-ish nail color. I used Milani’s Magenta Metal.
- Your trusty clear top coat. Mine is Seche Vite, as always.
- A bobby pin or pen tool for dotting.
How to do it:
1. Paint all of your nails with the green polish. I did about three coats since my polish was pretty sheer.
2. Once the green is pretty dry, paint the tips of your nails purple.
3. Dip your pen tool or the tip of a bobby pin into the purple polish and drag three lines from the painted tips downward to create your drips
4. Dip your tool/pin into the purple polish again, then dab a dot at the end of each drip, so it looks like your drips are really DRIPPIN’.
5. Let your nails dry for a bit, then add a layer of your clear top coat.
6 Sit back and admire your artwork! ♦